Saturday, September 28, 2019

Kentucky

Through My Blue Eyes

An Odyssey on the TransAmerica Bicycle Trail

Kentucky

Kentucky coal miners.

Kentucky staff and cane maker.

My Uncle Johnny found me on the road somewhere near Hazard, Kentucky.  He offered me water, supplements, dinner, and pie.


East Kentucky farmland.

National Cemetery in Kentucky.

Kentucky is in the Bible Belt.



An old couple wish me luck on my journey.

Tobacco farm in Kentucky.


Sundown on a forgotten road in Kentucky.



This man, Tim, offered me a place to stay for the night.  He seemed kind of queer, so I pedaled onward to Mammoth Cave National Park.

Amish farm boys in Kentucky.

Amish farmers harvesting corn.
While traveling by bicycle, everyday brings new sights, new adventure, and new encounters with people from all walks of life.




Camping in a Kentucky town park.







Tobacco farm in Kentucky.

Self-portrait in a tobacco field.

Barge full of coal heading south.

I set up camp in a Kentucky corn field.

I dreamt of sunflowers.



Wendell and Virginia took me to a Mennonite homestead during my visit with them in Aurora, Kentucky.




These two Mennonite men make molasses in thick evaporating fog.




Virginia and her doll collection.

I spent a few days with Wendell and Virginia at their home in Aurora, Kentucky.

Wendell driving me back to the TransAmerica Trail.




1 comment: